Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I reported someone committing fraud to my local office, with…

Customer Question
I reported someone committing fraud...
I reported someone committing fraud to my local office, with papers from our magistrates office. He would not even look at them. Now the 1099 form has been completed and mailed, also fraud.
My grandson has been living with me since the first part of Sept. 2015. His mother has not given any money for support. She was going to make him leave her boyfriends house without any clothes or any of his belongings. The social worker, Vickie Horton, told him to get a couple of outfits. That was all he got. It was warm so he got shorts. I bought him underclothes. When it started getting cooler I bought him pants and boots. I did not mind only I am on a fixed income and do not have extra money. There is so much more to tell, this is only a tiny part of what has been going on with my grandson since the lose of his father, my son. When I found out what was happening to my grandson, he called me crying and begging me to get him out of her boyfriends house, I called Department of Children Services right then.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Social Security
1/27/2016
Social Security Expert: LawTalk, Attorney replied 2 years ago
LawTalk, Attorney

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please. I have been a licensed attorney for 30+ years and I handle social security issues.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a nominal charge I can offer you a phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread. Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.

Either way, whether I call you or not, in order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Is his mother collecting a child benefit from social security by claiming that he is residing there and that she is supporting him?

2. How old is your grandson?

3. Is he in High School?

Thanks in advance,

Doug