Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I am retired and receive social security. What do I need to…

Customer Question
I am retired and receive...
I am retired and receive social security. What do I need to do to protect myself from the section 831 legislation. My husband and I depend on our social security to pay our house payment and bills.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Social Security
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/26/2016
Social Security Expert: LawTalk, Attorney replied 2 years ago
LawTalk, Attorney

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your concerns. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. What are your present ages?

2. How long have you been receiving social security benefits?

Doug

We are both 67 yo. I have been getting social security since 1997 or about. I am 100% disabled. My husband has been getting social security since he turned 62.

Good afternoon,

Thank you for the additional information.

There is a lot of misinformation going around dealing with recent social security legislation, when in fact the legislation effects very few people. Folks like you and your husband who are already receiving your social security benefits and have been receiving them for years and are each over 66 years old are not effected by the change in the laws. The legislation was directed at people who haven't made social security benefits claims yet and primarily had to do with with making a new spouse claim.

Your social security benefits will continue the same as they always have and there will be no decrease in your benefits whatsoever. There is no need for you to worry.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am credited for assisting you.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug

Good afternoon,

Do you have any additional questions that you would like me to address for you? In case you would like a phone call to further discuss these issues you have raised, I will make that offer to you. You are certainly not obligated to accept a call offer, but many people do find it helpful for clarification purposes, as well as to allow them to ask additional questions.

If I have provided you with the information you were seeking, would you please now rate my service to you?

Please keep in mind that, even though you have already paid your deposit money over to JustAnswer, until you rate me highly for my service, I will not be paid for having assisted you with your questions.

Thanks in advance,

Doug