Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

Would like to know if my 1099 benefit statement has been…

Customer Question
Would like to know if...
Would like to know if my 1099 benefit statement for 2015 has been mailed yet. My ss # ***** ***-**-****
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Social Security
1/26/2016
Social Security Expert: LawTalk, Attorney replied 2 years ago
LawTalk, Attorney

Good afternoon Sarah,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of your concern. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Social security does not have to send out the SSA-1099's until the last day of January and it is impossible to know if your individual document, out of many tens of millions, has yet been mailed. If you do not have it by February 1, you will be able to get it online and print it out. Let me explain.

After February 1, 2016, if you don't have your SSA-1099 for 20156, you can get a copy by using your online “my Social Security” account. If you don’t already have an account, you can create one online. You can open your own social security online account and see your earnings statement, estimated retirement benefit and much more, in about 15 minutes through this site: http://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/ Once you are logged in to your account, select the "Replacement Documents" tab. From there you can choose to see and print out your 2015 SSA-1099.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am credited for assisting you.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug