Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

Due to my spouse losing s job we had to sell our home & move…

Customer Question
Due to my spouse...

Due to my spouse losing his job we had to sell our home & move to TX. At the time we had no income so I started drawing my SS at 64. However, I found a job in 2016 at a salary of $60k - SURPRISE! Is there a way for the IRS to "forgive" the taxes owed from the SS income?

Accountant's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

My estimated IRS taxes are $19K because I have no deductions and have the SS $1,600/mo income.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Social Security
1/26/2016
Social Security Expert: ShawnA, SS Expert, CPA, Professor, CFP. CGMA, Business Consultant, Professor, PFS , Decades of experience helping clients.. replied 2 years ago
ShawnA
ShawnA, SS Expert, CPA, Professor, CFP. CGMA, Business Consultant, Professor, PFS , Decades of experience helping clients..

Hello. I'm sorry to hear about losing the job. You won't like my response but the answer is no. To make it worse they will cause you to suffer ongoing (as well as your wife if you pass away). I'll offer you a call - no time limit to explain all and make it focused on you specifically. I'm so sorry.