How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Christopher B, Esq. Your Own Question
Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Attorney
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 2982
Experience:  associate attorney
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Christopher B, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband died in 2008 my doctor does not want me working

Customer Question

my husband died in 2008 my doctor does not want me working on a 40hr job because ok my back do I qualify for his SSB?OK
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

How old are you and are you disabled (have you applied for disability)?

Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship.

See link to Social Security website:

"A widow or widower can receive benefits

(1) at age 60 or older.

(2) at age 50 or older if disabled.

(3) at any age if she or he takes care of a child of the deceased who is younger than age 16 or disabled."

"You cannot apply for survivors benefits online. To report a death or apply for survivors benefits, please

(1) call our toll-free number, 1-***-***-**** (TTY 1-***-***-****).

(2) You also can call or visit your local Social Security office."

Regarding the disability, the disability must have started before or within seven years of the your husband's death. If you meet one of those criteria you would be eligible for 100 percent of your husband's benefit amount as a survivor benefit.

Also see Social Security link:

Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer as it is the only way I will be compensated for my time by the site.

Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Just checking back in, do you have any further question? I want you to be satisfied with my service, so please let me know.