Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

How do I get grangfathered into tthe social security

Customer Question
loopholeclosed by h.r.1314...
how do I get grangfathered into tthe social security loopholeclosed by h.r.1314
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Social Security
1/25/2016
Social Security Expert: Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney replied 2 years ago
Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney

Hi, my name is***** and I am here to assist you. I am a social security attorney in my private practice – that is ALL I do. Please let me know that my post here is coming through for you by typing a quick reply.

If you are over 62 before end of 2016, you will have the right to file a "restricted spousal application" once you hit 66 (your full retirement age (FRA)). No one else. And, if you want dependents to collect on your record if they are eligible, but do not want to file for your own benefit yet to trigger that dependent right, you have until 4/30/2016 to FILE for your own and then suspend them, so you can defer collecting yourself, while letting your dependents collect. That file and suspend option ends 4/30/2016. So if either scenario fits you, you will want to act accordingly.

I hope this helps! My goal is toprovide you with excellent and accurateservice – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, Iam happy to address follow-up questions.

Kindly rate me "excellent"when you are done. I look forward to assisting you in the future, shouldyou have legal questions. Be sure tostart future posts with "To ***** Esq., ONLY" ifyou want me to specifically answer it.

Sincerely, ***** ***** Joy, Esq.

Your online SS legal resource!

Hello again. It is month end - Please, if you haven't yet had the opportunity to do either of the items below, I ask that you do so now, because it is the only way I can receive credit for time spent with you. Please:

1) Follow up if clarification is needed on our above interaction/Q&A, OR

2) Rate me highly if we are finished for the time being.

If there's more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I can be of further assistance. It's my goal to provide you with excellent service- to make sure I answered the question you asked about. Please rate me highly and provide me with feedback. And thanks for understanding how we receive credit from the Site for contributing our time here!

Sincerely,

Stephanie O. Joy, Esq. – Your Online Legal Professional