Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I am receiving social security benefits from the US based on…

Customer Question
I am receiving social security...
I am receiving social security benefits from the US based on my contributions since I emigrated to the USA from the UK in 1979. I also started receiving a UK social security benefit (state pension) based on my contributions in the UK prior to 1979. I was born in the UK and hold dual citizenship.
I have just received a letter from US social security reducing my benefit by the amount of the UK pension.
I have 60 days to appeal the decision. What can I do?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Social Security
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/25/2016
Social Security Expert: Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney replied 2 years ago
Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney

When did you start getting US SS benefit?

And UK SS benefit?

How many years did you work in the US?