How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dylatess Your Own Question
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 3441
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
dylatess is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am receiving social security benefits from the US based on

Customer Question

I am receiving social security benefits from the US based on my contributions since I emigrated to the USA from the UK in 1979. I also started receiving a UK social security benefit (state pension) based on my contributions in the UK prior to 1979. I was born in the UK and hold dual citizenship.
I have just received a letter from US social security reducing my benefit by the amount of the UK pension.
I have 60 days to appeal the decision. What can I do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 year ago.

When did you start getting US SS benefit?

And UK SS benefit?

How many years did you work in the US?

Related Social Security Questions