How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Megan C Your Own Question
Megan C
Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 16576
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CMA, CFE, CGMA M.Accy Also Teach Accounting courses at Master's Level
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Megan C is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Thank you response. First ,I'd like to know where to

Customer Question

Thank you for your response.First ,I'd like to know where to file Request for Reconsideration.
Second,if Appeals Council was the wrong place to file it
what would happen?
Third ,is it OK for me to apply for Retirement Benefit again?
I have been working since my first application.
Some of my W-2 Forms are not reflected on my Social Security Statement.Would you please tell me?Yes ,I have the letter which disapproved my application.Thank you,Yasutaka Suzuki
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Megan C replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your question.

Your Request for Reconsideration can be turned in at any social security office, and once they process the application, they will contact you with the results of their investigation or for more information. The Appeals Counsel should still get it where it needs to be. Keep records that you have filed for the reconsideration.

Do not apply again -- it will delay processing everything.

If your W-2 forms are not reflected on your statement, take them to the office and show them. You typically only have up to 3 years to get this rectified.

Please let me know if you need anything additional. If not, please rate positive.