Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

Recieved a letter from medicaid stating my grandson's ssi

Customer Question

Recieved a letter from medicaid stating my grandson's ssi check will be stopped or suspended. Have recieved nothing to that effect from ss. Name William **********s SS#2************* birthday Sept.**********
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

You need to contact Social Security Administration as to the status of your grandson's benefits. It is strange for you to receive notice from the State (Medicaid), but not also from the federal government. SSI has both federal and state components. The state component cannot be stopped or suspended while he is still receiving the federal component.

You need to contact both Social Security Administration and your state's Medicaid's office as to the status of his benefits.