How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 19664
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Recieved a letter from medicaid stating my grandson's ssi

Customer Question

Recieved a letter from medicaid stating my grandson's ssi check will be stopped or suspended. Have recieved nothing to that effect from ss. Name William **********s SS#2************* birthday Sept.**********
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

You need to contact Social Security Administration as to the status of your grandson's benefits. It is strange for you to receive notice from the State (Medicaid), but not also from the federal government. SSI has both federal and state components. The state component cannot be stopped or suspended while he is still receiving the federal component.

You need to contact both Social Security Administration and your state's Medicaid's office as to the status of his benefits.