LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
15277592

I receive Ssi/d and need to move from my current home. Is

Customer Question

I receive Ssi/d and need to move from my current home. Is there any assistance to help pay rent or utilities in Atlanta ga area?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon Leslie,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Social security/SSI do not have programs for the payment of rent or utilities. The benefits you get from SSI and Social security are monetary payments that remain the same so long as you are in the same state.

You would need to apply for Section 8 housing or directly u to your utility company if you are low income and need help paying rent or utilities,

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am credited for assisting you.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug