Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

Do you have any programs to assist with very expensive

Customer Question
Pharmaceutical costs for someone who...
Do you have any programs to assist with very expensive Pharmaceutical costs for someone who cannot afford their necessary drugs (over $400/month)? I had received a Grant from Publix's Foundation last year which covered it for me. It was a once only Grant for 2015 and it has ended for me now. I have to take Valganciclovir 450mg every day due to CMV Retinitis to keep me from going blind.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Social Security
1/22/2016
Social Security Expert: LawTalk, Attorney replied 2 years ago
LawTalk, Attorney

Good afternoon Rosemary,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Medicare has a program known as Extra Help for Prescription drugs. While you do have to meet limited resources guidelines to qualify for this benefit, if you qualify your savings each year will average about $4,000.

Here is a link to a Medicare Website where you can investigate this additional benefit: https://www.medicare.gov/your-medicare-costs/help-paying-costs/extra-help/level-of-extra-help.html

You can actually apply online for the Medicare Extra Help Prescription program. Here is a link to the site where you can fill out your application to apply: https://secure.ssa.gov/i1020/start

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am credited for assisting you.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug

Here is the second link. Hopefully it will post as an active link:

Please keep in mind that, even though you have already paid your deposit money over to JustAnswer, until you rate me highly for my service, I will not be paid for having assisted you with your questions.

You may of course reply back to me and I will be happy to continue to assist you further.

I wish you well,

Doug