Social Security

Ask Social Security Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Social Security

But if I want 2016 income included in the calculation of

Customer Question
benefits I can't sign up...
But if I want 2016 income included in the calculation of benefits I can't sign up in 2016 because the W-2 won't be in the system until 2017, right?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Social Security
1/21/2016
Social Security Expert: CGCPA, CPA replied 1 year ago
CGCPA
CGCPA, CPA

Please see my follow up response to this in your original question.

In case you cannot access the original response thread here is my reply to your follow up question:

That is correct. However, it can take up to 2 years for Social Security to process everything. Then you will receive a retroactive benefit adjustment and an increase in monthly ongoing benefits. Since the processing time is the problem why wait? 2016 will not likely be processed until late 2017 at the earliest.

CGCPA
CGCPA
CGCPA, CPA