Lane
Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial, Social Security & Tax advice since 1986
1929974

My husband, Mario L. Bladimirsquy passed away November 25.

Customer Question

My husband, Mario L. Bladimirsquy passed away November 25. 2015. His SS# *****###-##-#### ***** my SS# *****###-##-#### My monthly check has been $1,407.00 and his has been $1,859.00. I noticed on my bank statement that a check for $1,382.00 was deposited on January 20th. Please advise why I did not get $1,859.00 instead of $1, 382.00. Also, where is the death benefit payment, and the December payment of $1,859.00?
Thank you for your attention.
Estelle Bladimirsquy
Category: Social Security
Expert:  lev-tax replied 1 year ago.

Hi Estelle and welcome to our site!
I am sorry about your loss of your husband...
You check might became lower due to increase of Medicate Part B and Part D ....
However as a widow you should be eligible for your spouse benefits .
What you need to do - go to the SSA office and provide them with additional information and documents - be sure to bring a copy of the death certificate.

Please let me know your state and zip code - and I will verify the closest SSA office.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your response. I DID go to my SS office and supplied them with all necessary documentation. You did NOT satisfactorily answer my question, and I will NOT pay another fee to get an answer to my question. PLEASE REVIEW MY QUESTION and give me a satisfactory answer, or please return my money. Awaiting your timely reply.
Expert:  lev-tax replied 1 year ago.

You might confused - but as an expert I do not have access to your account and have no information about your payments or any personal information.

I personally helped many customers and you may review that here

http://www.justanswer.com/finance/expert-lev-tax/?rpt=3800

Please be aware that you did not indicate in your original post that you already visited the SSA office - and I have NO way of knowing that.

I will be ONLY compensated for my time if you are satisfied and rate my answer positively.

As you indicated NO such intention - I am afraid that I will not be able to help...

Expert:  Lane replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I am a different expert. ... one of two things has happened here ... (1) they have not processed the survivor benefits yet, or (2) Your benefit was already larger than his, meaning that there will not BE an ADDITIONAL benefit.

...

Here's an example directly from Social Security that might help:

...

Example: Bill and ***** ***** each get benefits based on their individual earnings. Each of them is entitled to $1,200 a month, and total family income is $2,400 a month. When one of them dies, the widowed spouse continues to receive $1,200 a month. The widowed spouse cannot get both benefits. Therefore total monthly family income is reduced to $1,200 at widowhood, or 50 percent of their former income as a couple.

...

I hope you'll rate me, using those stars on your screen, (that's the only way we get credit for the work here) based on thoroughness and accuracy, rather than any good news/bad news content ... But if there's something you don't understand, or if you have other questions about this, please let me know....

...

Lane

..