Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I am missing a check in the amount of $980.00 that is owed…

Customer Question
I am missing a check...
I am missing a check in the amount of $980.00 that is owed to my deceased wife. The check was due I/5/16 according to a letter I received.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Social Security
1/21/2016
Social Security Expert: Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney replied 2 years ago
Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney

I am so sorry for your loss.

What was the check for, specifically?

And when did your wife pass?

t
Thank You
Money owed to her by the SSA according to a letter I received.
Dec. 23, 2011

Why would she be owed money, particularly if she passed back in 2011? Can you upload the letter?

And what happens when you call the SSA and wait for a clerk to answer? What does she/he say?

I am unable to speak on phone at this time. But, I don't think you need that anyway. You can upload the document or if not, I can let you send it to my office via fax or email by offering you that additional service. Then we can also email privately about it do determine what is going on.

What happens now? Do I wait for Joy to call me, or do I call her at some number I don't have?
I don't have the knowledge to do any of a transfer to you.

I do not offer that phone service at that fee here, unfortunately. This is why I offered you an alternative additional service. However, that said, this has been made open to other SS professionals to offer a phone call should they choose to offer that. Some one may! So hold on. If not, please feel free to consider the additional service. That will provide you my fax number and other contact info if you do not know how to scan and email the document. I am running to a meeting and will check back, regardless.

Sincerely,

Social Security Attorney

Stephanie O. Joy, Esq.

Never mind. It was sent to me in mid December and deposited in my account. Thanks anyway.

If you got the deposit, then were you mistaken above where you said it was missing?