Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

How can i find out if someone is using my ss#

Customer Question
***** employment...
how can i find out if someone is using my ss# ***** employment
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Social Security
1/21/2016
Social Security Expert: Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney replied 2 years ago
Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney

You can order a detailed earnings summary from the SSA by using THIS form. It can tell you what all employers paid you, their addresses and the amounts. If you see one that is NOT part of your work history, you may have someone using your number. What would be nice, kind of, is if YOU get the credit for those taxes paid when you retire - bigger benefit!

I hope this helps! My goal is to provide you with excellent and accurate service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Kindly rate me "excellent" when you are done. I look forward to assisting you in the future, should you have legal questions. Be sure to start future posts with "To ***** Esq., ONLY" if you want me to specifically answer it.

Sincerely, ***** ***** Joy, Esq.

Your online SS legal resource!

Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq