How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Attorney
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 37855
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I collect social security and a pension every month. Last

Customer Question

I collect social security and a pension every month. Last year, social
security started to deduct $104.90 toward Medicare B from my check. I also have $104.90 deducted from my pension check for medicare B PF. Am I required to pay medicare from both SS and my pension? (Total $209.80)
Sarah Dobieski, Santa Clara, CA.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon Sarah,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

You only need to pay once for Medicare Part B---$104.90 per month. If you have overpaid you will need to apply for a refund and make sure that the premium stops coming from your private pension.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am credited for assisting you.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,