TaxRobin
TaxRobin, Tax Preparer
Experience:  15+ years in tax preparation and instruction
14155347

I lost my social security card, card n debit card

Customer Question

i lost my social security card, green card n debit card together... some body already use my debit card its means my ssn card n green card is now with him/her . how can i protect my card from mis use?? what i have to do for this case? help me
Category: Social Security
Expert:  TaxRobin replied 1 year ago.

Hello

You can get an original Social Security card or a replacement card if yours is lost or stolen. You cannot apply for a card online.

You will need to:

You must contact here for the green card

https://www.uscis.gov/green-card/after-green-card-granted/replace-green-card

USCIS charges a fee when anyone replaces a green card. The check or money order must be payable to U.S. Department of Homeland Security and is mailed to USCIS with the Form I-90.

You should let both agencies know that it was stolen.

After you view my response, please post below if you need more information or if you need no further clarification a positive rating is appreciated.
I know rating takes an additional step and I truly appreciate it when you take the extra time!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if someone mis use my card n they took the bad activities which can make my credit down, then how can i know how they are using my social card?
Expert:  TaxRobin replied 1 year ago.

If your card was used for work or filing taxes the IRS would advise you when you file. They would tell you that the return is a duplicate.

Tax-related identity theft occurs when someone uses your stolen Social Security number to file a tax return claiming a fraudulent refund.

Review the earnings posted to your record on your Social Security Statement. To get your online Statement, go to my Social Security and check your account. If you see any inconsistencies, contact the Social Security Administration.

My answers have addressed your question, please rate below or above (let me know if you have difficulty as I believe the system changed).

You have to actively click on a rating and click submit. Smiley Faces or Stars.
When you actively click on a rating and click submit, that lets Just Answer know you were assisted and credits me for the time.