Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I went on S.S. disability Ins. on Feb.2013 .MY STROKE WAS ON…

Customer Question
I went on S.S. disability...
I went on S.S. disability Ins. on Feb.2013 .MY STROKE WAS ON 06/27/2011. PEOPLE TOLD ME I COULDN*T COLLECF MT REGULER S.S. INSURANCE TILL FEB. 2016 ? is that how it works and how does this all come about? My name is thomas ******* . **** last 4 digits of my S.S. number.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Social Security
1/19/2016
Social Security Expert: LawTalk, Attorney replied 2 years ago
LawTalk, Attorney

Good evening Thomas,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

You don't need to be concerned about collecting your social security retirement benefits. If you are collecting SSDI benefits now, then as soon as you reach full retirement age (presently age 66) your SSDI benefits will automatically be converted to your retirement benefit. There is nothing that you need to do. It is all automatic in the social security system. Your monthly benefit will not change much, if at all.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am credited for assisting you.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug

Not what i was aearching for

What are you needing to know?