How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Arthur Rubin Your Own Question
Arthur Rubin
Arthur Rubin, Tax Preparer
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 1561
Experience:  Over 20 years experience in tax preparation, including some multi-national Social Security applications.
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Arthur Rubin is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am 73 years old and started receiving my social security

Customer Question

I am 73 years old and started receiving my social security at age 62. My spouse turns 62 in May of this year. When she reaches 62 can she draw from my social security Account and let her acct grow until she is 66 and then start drawing her soc secuity from her acct?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Arthur Rubin replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer.

No. Under the old law, your spouse would have to be full retirement age to make a restricted application. Under the Bipartisan Budget Act of 2015, she is not eligible at all.