How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Stephanie O Joy, Esq Your Own Question
Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 13521
Experience:  19+ years legal exp. - 10+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Stephanie O Joy, Esq is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I received ss payment when I applied in nov. I received

Customer Question

I received ss payment when I applied in nov. I received benefits back to may, when I was eligible. The information says that Medicare payment had been deducted. I paid medicare payment thru dec 2015. Can I get reimbursed?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 year ago.

OK, you will want to take your proof of payment and coverage to your local SSA office and ask that they process the request that Medicare has not been double paid, and to process a request for refund of overpayment. Unfortunately, you can not do this online.

Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 year ago.

If 60 days gets close and you have no resolution, than you will want to APPEAL the determination. Your letter may tell you how to appeal, but if not, you will want to do it in writing, and mail it certified RRR so that it gets to the local SSA office before the 60 days is up. Keep proof of your notice of appealing and that certified RRR mailing.

Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 year ago.

I hope this helps! My goal is to provide you with excellent and accurate service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Kindly rate me "excellent" when you are done. I look forward to assisting you in the future, should you have legal questions. Be sure to start future posts with "To ***** Esq., ONLY" if you want me to specifically answer it.

Sincerely, ***** ***** Joy, Esq.

Your online SS legal resource!