ShawnA
ShawnA, SS Expert, CPA, Professor, CFP. CGMA, Business Consultant, Professor, PFS , Decades of experience helping clients..
Experience:  SS Expert, CPA, Professor, CFP. CGMA, Business Consultant, Professor, PFS I have decades of experience helping clients..
15641319

My husband passed away on may 30 2015 my social security has

Customer Question

my husband passed away on may 30 2015 my social security has droped and I only get 54.00 a month . why is it that I don't get part of my husband ,what happened to the widow's pensen.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  ShawnA replied 1 year ago.

I' sorry to hear that. I know how rough it was for my mom. You c an bet all of yours or all of his (the higher of the two). Something is very wrong. I would visit a local SS office (bring a marriage and his death certificate). They should correct it retroactively and get you his amount (I assume it was higher than yours or what you received. I can offer you a call to make sure you know how to resolve this very easily and very quickly. What city and state do you live in?