ShawnA
ShawnA, SS Expert, CPA, Professor, CFP. CGMA, Business Consultant, Professor, PFS , Decades of experience helping clients..
Experience:  SS Expert, CPA, Professor, CFP. CGMA, Business Consultant, Professor, PFS I have decades of experience helping clients..
15641319

Can payment date be altered

Customer Question

can payment date be altered
Category: Social Security
Expert:  PDtax replied 1 year ago.

Hi from just answer. I'm PDtax. I'll answer your question.

There is no way to change the payment date of your social security benefits. The payment structure can not be revised.

Sorry there isn't a better answer. Thanks for using just answer. Positive feedback is appreciated. I'm PDtax.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
not satisfed
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
cancei all other types of correspondence and payments Gaetano v Grima
Expert:  PDtax replied 1 year ago.

Sometimes the answer isn't what we want. But it is the answer.

I reviewed the stance with the social security website before responding. They do not and will not allow recipients to set their own payment date. To do so would be difficult to administer. The number of requests and remittance dates would go from three per month to every day of a month. And what about the 31st when the month doesn't have 31 days?

I like to have solutions for just answer patrons. Sometimes the law doesn't allow for a solution that solves your problem. This is one of those cases.

PDtax

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not satisfied gvg
Expert:  PDtax replied 1 year ago.

I told site management to process a refund.

PDtax

Expert:  ShawnA replied 1 year ago.

https://www.socialsecurity.gov/pubs/EN-05-10031-2016.pd​f is an internet website that show when SS will make payments. It is made in steel (they refuse to change or amend it or help with special requests. I can offer a call to help explain why.