How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 19629
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am 64 yo and receive 2000/month ss benefit if I return to

Customer Question

I am 64 yo and receive 2000/month ss benefit if I return to work and earn 50,000 per year, will it affect my spouses benefits she is 63 yr old and receives 900/month ss benefit. when I began receiving benefits she was only getting about 325/ month. her benefit increased when I began receiving my benefit
e rted getting 900/month when I started getting by benefits
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Both of your benefits would be reduced because your earnings would exceed the annual limit of $15,720 for 2016. This limit is adjusted every year. However, once you reach your Full Retirement Age, your benefits will no longer be reduced. For more information, click on the link below:

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
would both of our benefits be reduced the same or would mine be reduced to 0 and then hers be started to be reduced?
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

I cannot answer this question. Only Social Security Administration can answer it.