How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TaxRobin Your Own Question
TaxRobin, Tax Preparer
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 15318
Experience:  15+ years in tax preparation and instruction
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
TaxRobin is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How money do i have left to pay deductions or other

Customer Question

How money do i have left to pay deductions for work or other adjustments
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  TaxRobin replied 1 year ago.


If you wish to deduct expenses you have from work, you must file a Schedule A to itemize instead of using the standard deduction and your expenses need to be more than 2% of your adjusted gross income.

For example: You have work expenses of $2000. Your Adjusted Gross Income is $35000. 2% of your Adjusted Gross Income is $700. So the amount of your expenses over $700 will be a deduction on the Schedule A.

You look at your income then multiply that by 2% to see how much of your expenses are deductible.

After you view my response, please post below if you need more information or if you need no further clarification a positive rating is appreciated.
I know rating takes an additional step and I truly appreciate it when you take the extra time!

Expert:  TaxRobin replied 1 year ago.

Please advise if you need more information