Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

Is it possible to receive social security based on my former

Customer Question

Is it possible to receive social security based on my former husband's contributions? We were married 27.75 years, and have been divorced 20 years. During that time I remarried and was married 13 years and have been divorced 4 years. I was told two different things when I inquired at my office and if I n receive more money I certainly need it. Also how do you determine the rate of disability people receive?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

You can collect benefits based on your first husband's earnings. However, you cannot collect on your first and your second. You must apply under one of them. For more information, click on the link below:

https://www.ssa.gov/planners/retire/divspouse.html

As for the rate of disability, it is based on your earnings under Social Security system.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
good answer very quickly

You are quite Welcome!

Kindly give a positive rating to my answer so that I can receive credit for answering your question.

Thank you for your cooperation,