How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 19627
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a dual citizenship (American/Greek).I have worked in

Customer Question

I have a dual citizenship (American/Greek).I have worked in Greece for the last twenty years and wondering if I could bring to the States my working history plus my American working history could sum up for my retirement benefits?
Thank you
Sakis F.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

It depends on your specific circumstances. Also, the work history in the foreign country with agreement with the U.S. is not actually transferred to the U.S. It remains in your record in the foreign country, only the credits are given to see if you could qualify for U.S. benefits. So, you can qualify for benefits in both U.S. and Greece. For more information, click on the links below: