How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 19653
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My granddaughter has been paying through an agreement with

Customer Question

my granddaughter has been paying through an agreement with social security 25.00 dollars on an overpayment for over 18 months in november social security stoopped billing herand as her payee took my 1,038 retirement check for december 2015. is there anything that can be done about this?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Yes. You need to go to the local office of the Social Security Administration and ask why your retirement benefits are being garnished instead of your granddaughter's benefits? You need to request that the installment payments from your granddaughter's benefits be resumed and the money taken out of your benefits be returned.