TaxRobin
TaxRobin, Tax Preparer
Experience:  15+ years in tax preparation and instruction
14155347

How can i get my daughters social security number
, my

Customer Question

Customer: how can i get my daughters social security number
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: my daughter stayed with me during the year she is 27 and I need her social security number for my taxes
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $32) to post your type of question to Tax Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  TaxRobin replied 1 year ago.

Hello

If your daughter has lost her SSN or card she can contact SSA and request a copy. You then can get her number from her.

Added information: Because your daughter is 27 she is past the age to be claimed as a child (unless she is disabled) but might be claimed as a dependent under Qualifying Relative as long as she did not earn more than $4,000 in gross income during 2015 and meets the other requirements.