emc011075
emc011075, Tax Adviser
Experience:  Tax adviser IRS licensed Enrolled Agent and tax instructor
62958156

I have a quick question. I turned 66 in April of 2015 and

Customer Question

Good Morning:
I have a quick question for you. I turned 66 in April of 2015 and stared collecting Social Security in May of the same year. I am also employed full time. When I file my 2015 income tax forms, do I have to pay any taxes on the Social Security I received in 2015?
Thank you for our help.
Mark Gomes
Category: Social Security
Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

If your social security income will be taxable or not and how much depends on your other income and your filing status. If you give me the information I will be happy to check it for you. What I need is how much social security income you received in 2015, how much of other income your received i 2015 and what's your filing status. If your filing status is married filing jointly, both spouses' income has to be counted.

Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.

I see you read my respond. Do you have any questions? Is there anything else I can help you with today?

And if this answered your question, please take a moment to rate my response so that I may receive credit for assisting you today. You find the rating bar on the top of the page – 5 stars. However, if you need clarification, or want to discuss this issue further, let me know. Thank you.