How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask PDtax Your Own Question
PDtax, CPA firm owner
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 4506
Experience:  35 years tax and professional advice in all matters money
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
PDtax is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am representative payee minor. I need to file a report

Customer Question

I am representative payee for a minor. I need to file a report for year 2015. I am wondering how much of our mortgage/utilities can be applied as expenses.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  PDtax replied 1 year ago.

Hi from just answer. I'm PDtax. I'll assist.

Expert:  PDtax replied 1 year ago.

The easiest way to charge a bit of the household expenses for the report is to consider the minor's income against the household income. If the benefit is 20% of the household income, then 20% of the household utilities, rent, groceries, etc. is reasonable.

Hope that helps. Positive feedback is appreciated. I'm PDtax.