Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Experience:  19+ years legal exp. - 10+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.
10805288

My aunt is a Brasilian National born on April 7, 1934. She

Customer Question

My aunt is a Brasilian National born on April 7, 1934. She married to an American Citizen since 1960. She has lived in New Jersey for all these years. She has never applied for a SS#. He died 7 years ago.
Now she has been taken ill and she is in an Hospital in New Jersey where she has to go through a colon cancer operation.
What can she do in order to apply for Medicare or medicaid. She has a copy of her mariage and of her husband death certificates.
Pls let me know what can be done as time is of essence
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 year ago.

Does she have income? How has she been supporting herself?

Hello again. It is Stephanie Joy,checking back with you. It is month end for my office accounting - Please,if you haven't yet had the opportunity to do either of the items below, I ask that you do so now, because it is the only way I can receive credit for time spent with you. Please:

1) Follow up if clarification is needed on our above interaction/Q&A, OR

2) Rate me highly if we are finished for the time being.

If there's more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I can be of further assistance. It's my goal to provide you with excellent service- to make sure I answered the question you asked about. Please rate me highly and provide me with feedback. And thanks for understanding how we receive credit from the Site for contributing our time here!

Sincerely,

Stephanie O. Joy, Esq. – Your Online Legal Professional