Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Experience:  19+ years legal exp. - 10+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.
10805288

I NEED TO GET AN AWARD LETTER WHEN THE NEW YORK SOCIAL

Customer Question

I NEED TO GET AN AWARD LETTER WHEN THE NEW YORK SOCIAL SECURITY DOCTORS DEEMED ME 100% DISABLED DAY DATE TIME AND YEAR .HOW SOON CAN THIS BE DONE ?CAN YOU EMAIL IT TO ME ?THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP I'M ON A TIME DEADLINE OF JAN.7TH,2016 I MUST HAVE IN MY HAND TO PROCEED WITH MEDICARE OF NEW YORK.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 year ago.

You will want to go to your LOCAL SSA office and ask for a copy of your award letter. It sounds like Medicare wants to know if you didn't take Medicare when first available (i.e. whether you will have a premium hike as as result, or not). You can't get the award letter online, but SSA DOES have your file (disability) which includes that letter, if you lost your copy. WRiting them for it can take multiple requests and months of time - so you will want to go in person for it to be expedites.

Hello again. It is month end -Please, if you haven't yet had the opportunity to do either of the items below, I ask that you do so now, because itis the only way I can receive credit for time spent with you. Please:

1) Follow up if clarification is needed on our above interaction/Q&A, OR

2) Rate me highly if we are finished for the time being.

If there's more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I canbe of further assistance. It's my goal to provide you with excellent service- to make sure I answered the question you asked about. Please rate mehighly and provide me with feedback. And thanks for understanding how we receivecredit from the Site for contributing our time here!

Sincerely,

StephanieO. Joy, Esq. – Your Online Legal Professional