How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alexander Haraczka Your Own Question
Alexander Haraczka
Alexander Haraczka,
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 23
Experience:  Supervisor at Cummings, Lamont & McNamee, PA
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Alexander Haraczka is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Would like the taxes taken out of my check each month. Who

Customer Question

would like the taxes taken out of my check each month. Who do I contact to have the process done?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Alexander Haraczka replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon and thank you for posing your question regarding withholding of taxes from your social security benefits. My name is Alexander; I'm an EA and am happy to assist you with this issue.

To have taxes withheld from your social security benefits, you need to fill out form W-4V (you can get this from the IRS at You'll select the amount you want withheld for Federal income taxes (7, 10, 15 or 25%) and mail it to your local social security office. Alternatively, you can bring it to the office in person.

If any part of my response was unclear, please let me know and I will clarify. If you are satisfied that you've received a prompt and professional response to your question, please be sure to rate me as soon as you're able. Thank you,