How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dylatess Your Own Question
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 3441
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
dylatess is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Social Security has reported me dead to my bank. Who should

Customer Question

Social Security has reported me dead to my bank. Who should I call to let them know I am still living.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

The best place to start would be to call SSA and tell them you are still alive. You may need to show up at the SSA office with an ID to prove your identity. It happens more often as you would think. Most likely somebody incorrectly entered social security number on death certificate or in the SS database.