dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
29685164

Some worker in the Richmond VA SSA office refuses to release

Customer Question

some worker in the Richmond VA SSA office refuses to release my Dec. 2015 benefit. She sent a letter back in mid-Oct. 2015 and says I cannot have my monthly SSAbenefit turned back on unless I provide them with an illustrated document showing my name, SS number, address, DOB and place born.
I sent her photo of my passport plus some other documents, she refuses to return any of them. I have never never had a situation like this and always receive my monthy benefit since I first started receiving social security benefits.
I am just under 80 years old, married for 45 years to same woman, and lived in same place in Virginia for 30 years. We depend on my SS benefit to pay electric power, public utility payments, monthly auto insurance, and car payments plus rent.
If we don't have our monthly benefit, we cannot pay any of these bills, will freeze without winter heat, lose our car for non-payment and have no hot water in the house.
Please please help me out and tell me what to do.
Joseph Cohen
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 year ago.

Joseph, what is the reason she states that the administration has suspended your benefit? Also, is your wife's benefit suspended?