Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Experience:  22+ years legal exp. - 12+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.
10805288

Why did my Medicare monthly payment go down from 146.90 to

Customer Question

Why did my Medicare monthly payment go down from 146.90 to 104 and why did my monthly Part D go away?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 year ago.

Did your monthly part D go away, or did only an extra premium for it go away?

What was your income in 2013?

And 2014?

Ball park estimate is fine.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2013 income was about $104,000 2014 about $80,000 as I went from 5 days a week to three days.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The Part D payment when away. I got two letters from the Social Security, the first said what I would receive starting Jan 2016. The second was a breakdown of the payment and they do not match. That is my issue. My medicare went down and the Part D payment is not there.

OK, it sounds like your 146 was because you were hit with IRMAA increase due to exceeding the $85k threshold. Then, you went below the $85k threshold, resulting in the next years premiums going back to "normal", $104.90.

Did you pick a Part D or renew the prior Part D you had? Which company did you have for your part D?

Hello again. It is month end -Please, if you haven't yet had the opportunity to do either of the items below, I ask that you do so now, because itis the only way I can receive credit for time spent with you. Please:

1) Follow up if clarification is needed on our above interaction/Q&A, OR

2) Rate me highly if we are finished for the time being.

If there's more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I canbe of further assistance. It's my goal to provide you with excellent service- to make sure I answered the question you asked about. Please rate mehighly and provide me with feedback. And thanks for understanding how we receivecredit from the Site for contributing our time here!

Sincerely,

StephanieO. Joy, Esq. – Your Online Legal Professional