Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Experience:  22+ years legal exp. - 12+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.
10805288

How do I apply benefits?

Customer Question

How do I apply for restricted benefits?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 year ago.

If you are over your full retirement age and have never filed before, but you have a spouse who has filed (or an ex spouse), you can file for spousal online. Just be sure to indicate that it is for SPOUSAL only, RESTRICTED, and not for your own. If you have difficulty filing online in that way, you can simply do so in person at your local office. Be sure to bring your photo ID, marriage certificate if married, and your birth certificate.

I hope this helps! My goal is to provide you with excellent and accurate service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Kindly rate me "excellent" when you are done. I look forward to assisting you in the future, should you have legal questions. Be sure to start future posts with "To ***** Esq., ONLY" if you want me to specifically answer it.

Sincerely, ***** ***** Joy, Esq.

Your online SS legal resource!