dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
29685164

I Stanfill, would like to know if I am getting benefits thru

Customer Question

I Joyce Stanfill, would like to know if I am getting benefits thru my first Ex Husband, John W. Doble, we were married 26 yrs and divorced in 1984..I would like to know if I am still getting the right amount..Thank you, Joyce
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon Joyce,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a nominal charge I can offer you a phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread. Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.

Either way, whether I call you or not, in order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Is your ex still living?

2. Have you remarried since starting to receive an ex-spouse benefit from social security based on your ex's earnings?

3. Are you presently remarried?

Doug