Social Security

Ask Social Security Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Social Security

My husband has recently passed away. Am I eligible to

Customer Question
receive his social security payment...
My husband has recently passed away. Am I eligible to receive his social security payment instead o fmy own? His is more than mine
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Social Security
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/16/2015
Social Security Expert: LawTalk, Attorney replied 2 years ago
LawTalk, Attorney

Good afternoon,

I already answered your question back in your original question thread, but I will answer it again here.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry for your loss. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Yes, absolutely, you are now eligible to apply for a survivor benefit and take the greater amount of benefit that your husband was receiving at his death.

It is not possible to make this switch over the internet. You will need to go to your local social security office and bring with you a copy of your marriage license, a copy of his death certificate and both of your social security numbers. They will process your new benefit for you there.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am credited for assisting you.

I wish you and yours the best this holiday season,

Doug

LawTalk, Attorney