How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alexander Haraczka Your Own Question
Alexander Haraczka
Alexander Haraczka,
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 23
Experience:  Supervisor at Cummings, Lamont & McNamee, PA
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Alexander Haraczka is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am 58. My ex-husband of 10 years recently passed away.

Customer Question

I am 58. My ex-husband of 10 years recently passed away. Will I be able to draw from his social security when I turn 62 or 66?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Alexander Haraczka replied 1 year ago.

Good morning and thank you for posing your question. My name is Alexander; I'm an EA and am happy to answer your question.

You are able to claim spousal social security benefits as long as:

1. You are not re-married,

2. You are 62 or older,

3. Your marriage lasted at least 10 years.

Thank you for the opportunity to help; if you are satisfied with my response, please be sure to rate me as soon as you're able. If you feel you have not received satisfactory service, please let me know so I can be of further assistance.