How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Attorney
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 37665
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My question is I STARTED s s in 6/15 ,I made to much money

Customer Question

my question is I STARTED s s in 6/15 ,I made to much money now can I pay s s back and suspend s s to a later date. thank EJ
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good evening EJ,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

If you made too much money and will be penalized for having taken your early retirement benefit, because you have been taking your benefit for less than 12 months, you may terminate your benefit claim (not just suspend) and return all the money that has been paid to you and you will be deemed at that point to have not ever applied for benefits. This means that your retirement benefit will continue to grow until you decide to apply for your benefit again.

Just contact social security and tell them you want to terminate your benefit and that you will pay them back all the money that you received so far---they will be happy to help you accomplish this goal.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am credited for assisting you.

I wish you and yours the best this holiday season,