How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask PDtax Your Own Question
PDtax, CPA firm owner
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 4513
Experience:  35 years tax and professional advice in all matters money
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
PDtax is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have turned 62 and will continue to make $80,000 /yr. My

Customer Question

i have turned 62 and will continue to make $80,000 /yr. My benefits are $1972 /yr.
should I apply for SS benefits ?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  PDtax replied 1 year ago.

Hi from Just Answer. I'm PDtax. I will assist.

The easiest answer is no. Your income is assumed to be enough that you won't need to claim early, as you will have to pay much of those benefits back.

Unless you have a pressing need, such as substantial medical expenses, or your health is not good, do not claim now, and let your benefits continue to grow.

Thanks for asking at Just Answer. Please rate my assistance to close out your question. I'm PDtax.