How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dylatess Your Own Question
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 3441
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
dylatess is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I married an Australian who is a permanent resident here in

Customer Question

I married an Australian who is a permanent resident here in US with me for last 13 years.
He assists me with hiring staff and our mutual natural products business. I'm an employee
in my chiropractic center and have been paying into the system since 1979. He drew a very small salary and paid an insufficient amount into medicare. We file taxes jointly he turns 65 next year and is covered as spouse under my health cover thru chiropractic center.
Social Security told him he's not eligible as he didn't put enough revenue into the system.
As we are married and file jointly can't that count and make him eligible for medicare?
Please advise
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Arthur Rubin replied 1 year ago.

Thank you, Eva, for using Just Answer.

Normally, if you have enough credits, he is 65, and you are at least 62, he should be eligible for Medicare on your credits.