How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Stephanie O Joy, Esq Your Own Question
Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 13542
Experience:  22+ years legal exp. - 12+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Stephanie O Joy, Esq is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am 68 years old this year. I recently retired from active

Customer Question

I am 68 years old this year. I recently retired from active duty from a company I own. I am still covered by the company insurance Policy. I am presently engaged in selling the business and will soon lose my coverage. I applied for Social Security benefits as of the present year. What do I need to do with repect to Medicaid coverage for next year?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon. You will want to sign up for Medicare, not Medicaid. You will want to prove, via a certificate of creditable coverage, from your insurer via the company group policy, that you had CC for all years after age 65, so you don't suffer a Medicare premium penalty for not taking Medicare at 65.

You will want to go to to sign up. If you have internet difficulties, you will want to make an in person trip to your local SSA office.

Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 year ago.

I hope this helps! My goal is toprovide you with excellent and accurateservice – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, Iam happy to address follow-up questions.

Kindly rate me "excellent"when you are done. I look forward to assisting you in the future, shouldyou have legal questions. Be sure tostart future posts with "To ***** Esq., ONLY" ifyou want me to specifically answer it.

Sincerely, ***** ***** Joy, Esq.

Your online SS legal resource!

Related Social Security Questions