How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dylatess Your Own Question
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 3441
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
dylatess is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife and I are separated her share of our financial split

Customer Question

My wife and I are separated her share of our financial split is around $100,00.00 in cash and $137,00.00 in super
She is 59 yrs old and doesn't work. She wants to move to a rental unit, is she entitled to any government benefits, and do I have to pay any money to her on the way of assistance
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 year ago.

This is the social security section, so I can discuss with you any social security ramifications to you, but your family law alimony questions are best asked in that section. Let me know if you wish me to discuss her SS options, if any.