Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Experience:  19+ years legal exp. - 10+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.
10805288

I need to know if I am still getting the portion of my ex's

Customer Question

I need to know if I am still getting the portion of my ex's monthly S.S. payments--I didn't get them in 2015--usually got them in Dec. with a notice about the amount in Nov.---
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 year ago.

1) What Social Security benefit did you apply for?

2) How old were you when you applied for it?

3) How much is your own work record primary insurance amount?

4) How much is your ex's work record primary insurance amount?

5) What makes you think you are not getting a divorced spousal benefit in 2015, but got it in 2014, i.e. what is the change in amount?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been getting it for 10 years---and #5---I didn't get a notice from SS stating that on 12/3 I would be receiving the amount owed me for the past 11 months---as I have always gotten in past years--I have been through a year of his getting caught cheating me for 3 years of pension $--smooth operator he thinks /thought he is/was--an attorney helped me get that proof----at my age, 74, and my health, I can't take anymore of his lies---cheating--please help me----

I am sorry, I am still very unclear on what is going on here. I will need answers to the questions to determine what may be going on and how to best resolve.

Hello again. It is month end -Please, if you haven't yet had the opportunity to do either of the items below, I ask that you do so now, because itis the only way I can receive credit for time spent with you. Please:

1) Follow up if clarification is needed on our above interaction/Q&A, OR

2) Rate me highly if we are finished for the time being.

If there's more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I canbe of further assistance. It's my goal to provide you with excellent service- to make sure I answered the question you asked about. Please rate mehighly and provide me with feedback. And thanks for understanding how we receivecredit from the Site for contributing our time here!

Sincerely,

StephanieO. Joy, Esq. – Your Online Legal Professional