How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask retirementlawyer Your Own Question
retirementlawyer, Tax Attorney
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 17252
Experience:  13 years experience in social security
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
retirementlawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Morel My husband died last Dec at the age of 59. I will turn

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** Morel My husband died last Dec at the age of 59. I will turn 60 next july 2016 and was looking to draw his SS. Can I still do that with the new laws and is that someone I can hire to do all my SS filing so I don't miss any advantage in the TN area
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: did you read above?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Social Security Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes i'll wait
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you still with me?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  retirementlawyer replied 1 year ago.

You would be able to start at age 60 and switch to your own benefits starting at age 70, at age 70 you would receive a higher benefit based upon your work record, if you had enough individual work credits, if you never worked, taking benefits as early as age 60 would reduce them significantly 30% or more, the closer you take them to age 66 the less the penalty

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like to find someone I can sit down with to discuss several things do you know anyone in Nashville TN
Expert:  retirementlawyer replied 1 year ago.

good luck, and if you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask. If satisfied with our service please provide us with a positive rating thank you

Expert:  retirementlawyer replied 1 year ago.

no, however, it may be best to make an appointment with your local social security office, they will go over in detail your social security details.

Expert:  retirementlawyer replied 1 year ago.

you can go to this link and find your local office, if you provide your zipcode, I can get you your local office as well.