How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dylatess Your Own Question
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 3441
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
dylatess is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had two husbands the one I am collecting on is Herman

Customer Question

I had two husbands the one I am collecting on is Herman xxxxxxxx: My name is ***** ***** My husband of 15 years was Douglas xxxxxxxxxx; Social security #xxxxxxxxxx. Would I collect more from Douglas xxxxxxxxx?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.

Hi Alice. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

Only social security administration can access yours and you husbands records to determine what kind of benefits you would be eligible for. You have to call SSA or better make an appointment at you local social security office to discuss your options. You will have to bring marriage certificates and other documents proving your relationships to Herman and Douglas as well as your birth certificate/drivers license to confirm your citizenship and age to your appointment.