Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CMA, CFE, CGMA M.Accy Also Teach Accounting courses at Master's Level
23669918

I was unable to pay my social medicare late payment of

Customer Question

I was unable to pay my social medicare late payment of 734.30 by 10\31\2015. Unfortunately, we have had terrible financial luck with losing income from our renters of part of our building. We inherited the business back and it a mess. Now my husband just opened it back up last week. I sent the Kansas City payment center 300.00 from my Wells Fargo checking account. It shows that it was with drawn from my checking account by the social security administration on October 30 Th.this last Saturday I received a notice of cancellation from Social security on my part B. I have tried for months to talk to someone to help me make partial payments, but no one in Social security had a number or address to call or write. Yet, when I received my medicare card in the letter it said they would work with me if i needed a payment plan to set up until I was caught up on my premiums. no number or contact for this and after calling Social over 11 times I am unable to make a payment. I was told that they thought if I made a payment today or tomorrow I probably would be reinstated . What do I do ?
Thankyou.
Category: Social Security
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
was unable to pay my social medicare late payment of 734.30 by 10\31\2015. Unfortunately, we have had terrible financial luck with losing income from our renters of part of our building. We inherited the business back and it a mess. Now my husband just opened it back up last week. I sent the Kansas City payment center 300.00 from my Wells Fargo checking account. It shows that it was with drawn from my checking account by the social security administration on October 30 Th.this last Saturday I received a notice of cancellation from Social security on my part B. I have tried for months to talk to someone to help me make partial payments, but no one in Social security had a number or address to call or write. Yet, when I received my medicare card in the letter it said they would work with me if i needed a payment plan to set up until I was caught up on my premiums. no number or contact for this and after calling Social over 11 times I am unable to make a payment. I was told that they thought if I made a payment today or tomorrow I probably would be reinstated . What do I do ?
Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
r u emailing me back?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have insurance through my husband ending Dec. 1ST.We were going to go with Aetna Dec. 1ST. Now I cannot since i have been dropped.they did cash my check on October 30 and the letter was dated to my on October 31 ST. one day after they cashed my partial payment. I will not go through an appeal and cannot wait until July 1ST. to re apply.for insurance.
Expert:  Megan C replied 1 year ago.

Social security would be the appropriate office to call about part a & b premiums. I would suggest paying by a credit card, if that's available to you (I don't need a lengthy explanation of why you can or cannot pay, I'm simply giving information for your use).

I am not aware of "payment plans" because you must pay your premiums. You need to act fast to get this reinstated, and even then you are relying to a certain extent on the graces of social security. For the most part, the rules are pretty firm and if you are disenrolled you will have to wait until the next enrollment period. I wish I had better news for you.