Alexander Haraczka
Alexander Haraczka,
Experience:  Supervisor at Cummings, Lamont & McNamee, PA
20618007

I am rep. mother who is 91 and in a memory nursing home

Customer Question

I am rep. for my mother who is 91 and in a memory nursing home unit. She will run out of her financial savings in about 3 to 4 months. I need to know what I must do and what forms to be completed to insure that her bills for the home will be paid for by ss.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Alexander Haraczka replied 1 year ago.

Good morning, and thank you for your question. Will your mother have any assets after 3-4 months? If not, she may qualify for Medicaid; however, you'll need to check with your state to verify this. Additionally, the nursing home would both have to accept Medicaid and would have to have a Medicaid bed open for your mother. You should contact the Iowa Department of Human Services (1-***-***-****) to discuss your mother's situation. You should then contact the nursing home where your mother is being cared for to discuss Medicaid options.​​

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I will do this week

You're welcome; if you need anything further, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Good morning,

I hope the information I've provided helps! My aim is to provide you with accurate and outstanding service – if you feel you have received less, please reply; I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Kindly rate me "excellent" when you are finished. I look forward to assisting you in the future, should you have social security or accounting/tax questions. Be sure to start future posts with "To Alexander Haraczka, E.A., ONLY" if you want me to specifically answer it.

Sincerely, ***** ***** E.A